Wednesday, December 15, 2010 | By: Jenna

January 1, December 25, and Today



The Lord spoke to me and said that January would start a "solidifying" season for me. I didn't know what this meant at first, so I asked the Lord, "What will You be solidifying?"
"Your integrity," He replied (in His gentle and powerful whisper). "I will be testing your integrity and showing you that I have set your freedom in stone."

That makes me nervous and joyful all at the same time because the Lord has done some incredible things in me this past year. I have felt Him etching "freedom" into my skin, my hands, my bones... I have felt Him engraving those letters onto my heart... though my heart has budged a few times under the pain of it all. Now, I have stayed with the Crafter's tool long enough to recognize the safety of His hands rather than just the pain of alteration. So I know I can trust Him with what's coming...

-------------------

This morning, I thought about Christmas - and how Christmas is God's love in action. Yes, the Cross and the Resurrection are also epitomes too, but how odd that He would precede those with a specific kind of coming... You see, He didn't just shoot down to earth for a couples days, get on a cross to die, get the grave/hell smashing part over with, and then fly off back into heaven right after. No. God came and stayed for awhile. He came and spoke for a while. He came and fed for awhile, healed for awhile, loved for awhile... suffered for awhile...

He stayed His divinity and His power, so that He could stay in flesh and decaying earth. And He stayed obedient to His Father, loyal to His followers, committed to His message of incarnated love the whole time.

How do I come and stay for people more hurt than me? How do I suspend my privileges to take up a cross like His?

I'm thinking about this season God is leading me into, and I'm thinking about what other things He will solidify into my integrity....

I hope He will solidify an advent in me - a coming posture that stays for awhile. Because I love Advent, and I don't want it to be another end to my year. I want it to be the beginning.

------------------

"Father, free me from all things impatient and hurried. Show me the value of staying and the beauty of waiting on You. I want to see the ones that You see; I want to love the way that You love. Because in You are all things good and righteous and joyful. In You is peace and laughter and a way to deal with pain that's different from our many killers and addictions. Spirit, Your breath sustains me; Jesus, Your friendship teaches me. Father, I wait on Your words... and I will stay... help me stay... I will stay my anxious urge to flee. In thirst and abundance, Amen."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jenna. Your words and insights are a breath of fresh air. Your faith is invigorating.

A multi-dimensional life said...

Simply beautiful! Your words are like a breath of fresh air...and He said that He has set your freedom in stone! What could be more promising...more powerful...more uplifting! Oh, how I long to grow deeper in Him every moment of every day!
I'm so glad I found your beautiful blog. May your Christmas be filled with the joy of the spirit (and somehow, I know it will be!)

Anonymous said...

Moncler Menuire White Men's Jacket - The Best Thing You Can Get Today.

Emily Branca said...

I love your heart.
I love your blog.
I love you.

Aubrey Raper said...

gahhhhhh jenna! it's JANUARY!!!!
:) :) :)
you are so called.

"bactibe" :)