Monday, August 18, 2008 | By: Jenna

My God is Good.


There are those days that don't make sense--ya know? The ones that come like a rain storm you haven't had time to plan for... Sometimes, they are as frustrating as unexpected rain; or they may be that very pleasant surprise you've been waiting on for months now. Mine was the pleasant one today. And I LOVE the fact that I hadn't planned for it. It was not a "fast" day...in fact, I've been using the word "slow" when others inquire, but not because nothing has happened. I actually had an eventful morning of waking up to the thought of "It's today! We get to give them the school supplies today!" And that thought of finally passing out those backpacks at Cypress Elementary was a high in my morning preparations. I swung by Starbucks on the way (any time Meghan!) but was not restless or hurried in the least. When all was said and done with the Cypress Adventure, a few of us hopped (but not literally) across the street to (again) Starbucks (I swear, the Stirring funds that business) (and, I think I like parentheses).
...This all happened before 10am, so it makes sense that I'm watching my clock now, wondering why it feels at least two hours slow. But I'm not anxious about that... I'm thinking about how I walked across campus today in this nice Redding breeze that decided to cut through this not-so-nice Redding heat, and I'm remembering how I knew the Lord was whispering my name in every pause between gusts. I'm thinking about how I got to talk with a few friends I hadn't seen in awhile and how comfortable I was sitting in the stillness of our room as my roommate worked quietly but determinedly on her strategy-of-approach to the fall semester. I'm thinking about how blessed I am--about how a neat little financial miracle reminded me of God's provision yet again today. I'm thinking about last night... and the many things God practically UNLOADED on me (all good, of course ;). And now I'm thinking, "What reply do I really have for the world today when it wants to know how my day has been?" My reply can only really be this--"My God loves me, and my God is good." I might not always say it, but I would like to at least start thinking that. When I'm found in any day, in fact, I would like to at least start thinking that...

Because honestly you guys, whatever kind of day, I'd like to remember that "My God loves me, and my God is good."

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I love you Jenna Barney...thank you for always sharing your heart with me...its been so fabulous getting to know couch Jenna!