Wednesday, August 27, 2008 | By: Jenna

Why does the hall smell like poo?

There are many smells we encounter throughout our day. Take a moment to think about some of your favorites... warm, freshly baked bread, clean laundry tumbling out of the dryer into your ready basket, the shower room after your roommate has obviously used her soy-and-almond-butter body wash in it, or (if you're a guy) something manly like... aftershave... (I obviously wouldn't know). My guess is that whether you added to this list in your head or have decided that, "Yes, soy-and-almond-butter body wash aroma is DEFINITELY on my top ten," a hall that smells like poo is probably NOT considered a "fav." of yours. Well, then don't come over to third floor Morgan right now. I have no idea what happened (though I am imagine "it" would have happened in a nearby resident's bathroom), but when I stepped out into our hall this afternoon the first thing that popped into my head was, "Why does the hall smell like poo?" In a very detective-like but non-anticipatory way, I scanned the floor and ceiling for some sort of sewage evidence. Maybe I thought I'd see a pipe sticking out of the baseboard--leaking, dripping, a small acidic pool forming and eating a hole through the carpet...
But there is no pipe sticking out of our wall. My imagination can sometimes get a little crazy...
So I wonder if the world has turned upside down and, suddenly, it is the girls' residence halls that will be known for their smelly-ness! Surely, this cannot be! I mean, we have our days, but "flowers and fruity body spray" MUST remain the staple scent of female living quarters! Boys' dorms smell like poo! Not Third-Floor Morgan-Sharpe.

So I'm grabbing the Glade "Ocean Blue" from my (non poo-smelling) bathroom...

Here's to "1 hour!" of the world being right again.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

crap.

Meghan said...

i remember when my suitemate used to poop (she shall remain anonymous) and smell up not only our dormroom and hers, but the hallway. She'd use a match, then we'd go in with the big guns-glade lavendar. Then it would smell like burnt lavendar poop. No good. That's what boy dorms are supposed to smell like. brunt lavendar poop.

Emily Branca said...

well, i don't know about YOU, but poo is on my top ten... okay, maybe not really... perhaps one of the girls has a bad case of gas... ya never really know!!