Wednesday, February 4, 2009 | By: Jenna

Some Godsip

On Sunday night, Nathan said it is ok to "Godsip" about people. I think I agree. I want to Godsip about Nathan right now and let everyone know that I believe him to be one of the most inspiring and encouraging leaders I've ever had the privilege of serving with.

Nathan is my mentor for Ministry Practicum here at Simpson... and we don't just talk about the song set list for the approaching Sunday... or the team rotations for the coming month (which I clumsily attempt to navigate and repeatedly stumble through)... or the unspoken-but-I'm-sure-they-exist ways in which I've messed something-or-other up over the past few months, or maybe the ways I haven't...
...or even some of the vision God has given in regards to the Stirring community's worship...

No, we don't just talk about those things. We, mostly (in fact), talk about how incredible it is to be following after God's heart. We talk about He humbles us, but also how He loves and lifts us up. Nathan tells me, "It's not just about you being behind a guitar"...but that it's about the way God works through whatever I sing, say, or do that is the point of it all...

I know he's right. And I know he means it.
Nathan is an inspiring, encouraging leader.

It is an honor to be lead by him.



There's your Godsip for the day...

Go spread it around.


(p.s. Nathan's the one in the red)

1 comments:

Danae said...

Excellent piece of Godsip right there. I can't wait to spread this one around.

I love you, Jenna!