Friday, February 27, 2009 | By: Jenna

Danae freakin' Allen

I should totally be doing homework right now... I could kick myself. But I'm in the honoring kind of mood...and, unfortunately for Martin Goldsmith, it's going to be directed towards a real person I know... not my Theology of World Mission textbook at the moment. Sorry, Martin.

So Danae Allen...
She's one of those "really-really" kinds of people. Ya know, the ones where you say, "Oh, she's great. In fact, she's really great... yeah...really REALLY great." (Because you realize just one "really" doesn't quite cut it.)

Danae's a really REALLY great person. Inside and out--I could only think to describe her as BEAUTIFUL if I had to pick ONE word. Of course...that's what ALL women would be described as, in one word, if we, as the human race, had to take a step back, take a look at the Imago Dei interwoven into his creation of man-and-woman...we would describe women as BEAUTIFUL. Even in Greek, the word for "beautiful" also means "good", and God says it was "good" (again...as opposed to "not good" when Adam was alone) after creating the woman.

[...I'm not doing a scholarly work here, so settle down if you're wanting to interject the obvious--"BUT God called the other things 'good' too!" Yeah. Shut up. Just listen to my story about Danae...]

Danae is beautiful. But in more words, she's a brave woman who speaks truth, freedom, and LIFE to those that get lied to, become chained, and want to die in their own despair and self-destruction. She's NOT The Savior (I got your back, Danae, no one should get that kind of mislabel!), but she's pointing people to Him left and right.

She speaks truth--but she does it out of such a gentle love--so if it's hard, it's still hopeful; and if it's correcting, you still know she likes you ;). And when all is said and done, Jesus has become the center once more. (Wow, Danae, you inspire me to see the freedom He offers in all kinds of new lights!)

I've watched it for about a year... in the lives and testimonies of the girls she so "motherly" cares for :). Or maybe it IS the fact that she's such a sister-in-Christ to the core of what that means. Because at the end of the day...
Danae freakin' Allen loves God with all of her heart, soul, mind, and strength...

And that's the kind of "really-really" person that points people to Jesus.

3 comments:

Aubrey Raper said...

GAHHH!
I really, really agree. You said it all. I just tried to reiterate everything, but she's just so great. :)

katie said...

amen! i miss danae...

Danae said...

geez Jenna. *sniff* :) I am honored to know you. Thank you for your amazing words...wow. :) Praise God.