Monday, March 16, 2009 | By: Jenna

I've lost it.

Yup, my Bible...I've lost it. I checked with campus safety, and no one has turned it in here at Simpson... so I think maybe I left it at the Stirring a couple weeks ago...??? Because it HAS been about two weeks...so so sad...I am ashamed.

Luckily I own others... but they are NOT the same at all. This one is marked up, highlighted front-to-back, holding prayers and reminders and notes of all kinds...
This one is...read... AND it's red.

Ah...such a nice, cool-design-on-half-of-it red too! It has my name engraved on the bottom. It's NIV, which is common and generally appreciated...

If you've seen my Bible...I'd like to know it's safe and sound and where I need to go to get it back... :(

Anywhere--I'll go.
Across town? SURE.
Scavenger hunt through the mall? Fine--I can suffer through that.
Climb Mount Shasta? YES. I'll do it...if my Bible is at the top.
(I probably wouldn't eat celery to get my Bible back though...being honest about that right now...)

I feel...incompetent without my Bible. I even got a new, free planner from Darby so I could re-organize my life for these crazy last 18 school days of my entire undergrad career! But I'm sitting here looking at it, entering in important dates, upcoming events, my 7 papers and 3 final projects due by the end of the semester, and all I can think is..."I'm going to fall apart without my Bible..."

I think my journal is with it, too.

The worst two things to lose right now during this season of lent and reflection and the-scariest-time-of-my-life...
If I get them back, I won't ever take these two things for granted again!!! (And I will more seriously support those who translate and provide Bibles for others around the world).

Oh gosh...my Bible could be ANYWHERE!!!


Have you seen it lately???

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Remember the lost bookmark? If the Lord can lead you to a lost bookmark, He most certainly wants to lead you to a lost Bible! Pray! And ask! The Lord loves to help us with such things as these when we pause and ask Him into them. I will pray too...that the Lord will drop them in your lap :) Can't wait to hear about how they return to you :)