Monday, April 27, 2009 | By: Jenna

...in list form.

I haven't blogged in a while, so I will really quickly.

In fact... LIST TIME!!! (woo hoo!)

1) Graduated from Simpson University on Saturday.
2) Found Danae to say goodbye as she packed and cried and I tried to "stay strong"...but then cried alone right after. Awful.
3) Packed a little and had a grad party and saw some of my favorite people and went crazy and laughed REAL hard and went crazy again and packed again and laughed REAL REAL hard and finally went to sleep Saturday night...finally.
4) Woke up Sunday morning WAY too early...packed up my stuff at the Ho-Jo AND packed more stuff at the dorm before Stirring AM.
5) Went to the Stirring AM with Aubrey and Hannah and my family...and was reminded of the already-home that is re-becoming my home in this new part of life.
6) Cried during worship (outwardly). Cried during the drive back to Simpson (inwardly).
7) Checked out of Morgan-Sharpe, officially. No crying--just denial.
8) Said goodbye to Aubrey.
9) Got in my car. WEPT.
10) Went to Chipotle with Hannah. Matt and Nolan joined. SO SO good. I loved it.
11) Went to the Stirring to lead some worship songs, saw my father in the second row next to my sister and bro-in-law, sat down, laughed at Nate and Dan, spilled my iced-down soda, sang and played again at the seven o'clock, slipped out for coffee, cried on the way cause the sky was so beautiful (must've been an emotional weekend or something), came back, sang some more, felt the Spirit...which was so good...
12) Left the Stirring exhausted.
13) Was welcomed more warmly than I could have ever imagined or asked for at the Gafners' house...and saw my stuff already in my room. Incredible. I am blessed.
14) Went to sleep...slept WELL. Woke up... woke up WELL.
15) Smiled at the kids' early morning laughter and showered without conditioner... woops.
16) Bought conditioner at Target.
17) Breakfast with my father and Joy and Nate and Haillie and Isaac. Haillie wiped her snot on me, and I wiped the orange-juiced wheat toast crumbs off her forehead.
17) Back to the Gafners'--did some un-packing/napping/nostalgic thinking and staring and remembering.
18) Decided to get coffee at Yaks. Because they have wireless.
19) Got coffee at Yaks and got on Yaks' wireless.
20) Wrote a blog about the last two days of my life...in list form.


Now you know a little about my last two days...in list form...
It doesn't capture everything, but it captures more than nothing.


See ya around Redding! Since I live here now...

4 comments:

katie said...

jenna love i'm sure this is such an emotional time but i'm so happy for you as you've graduated and you're moving on to even more exciting things that God has planned for you. and i'm soooo happy your dad could be there for you :) tell him i said hi if he's still there...and if he remembers me haha. i miss you love.

Danae said...

I'm so glad I checked tonight. I figured today would be a blogging day for you. :) Love you, Beauty. And in a small way, I'm glad you cried too, after saying goodbye to me. :) *sigh* I love you. So so much. Can't wait for the awesome God-stories that are going to come out of this summer of your life. Cuz there will be MANY. I know this. :)

Aubrey Raper said...

man i checked tonight too!! good timing! :)

oh jenna...i can barely think your name without crying. i just love you more than you could ever imagine.

gosh...i didn't talk to you much today. i hope you're well. i miss you. a whole lot.

jesus and i love you.

ps: "sicalker" was my word.

Aubrey Raper said...

p.p.s: i like your beautiful face in your graduation cap :) and "expeid"