Thursday, April 30, 2009 | By: Jenna

Just gettin' ready.

Just gettin' ready for WHEN GOD DREAMS next Thursday... I didn't know how excited I was about it until staff meeting on Tuesday. We prayed and we hoped and we exposed fears and we got excited and then we prayed again... Amazing. I'm so honored to be on staff with the people I'm on staff with. I'm so honored to be stepping into my own dream that God placed in me so many years ago. It's scary though... terrifying actually. But that's one of the things we were talking about--how ACTUALLY stepping into your dream may be even harder and more frightening than daring to dream it...

When you are daring to dream, the dream still seems so far off--so, yes, that IS scary--that IS risky in-and-of-itself... I'm definitely not discounting the courage it takes to dream dreams and have visions and keep hoping for things that seem like never could or would happen. After all, one of the greatest fears we have in life is the fear that our hopes will fail us.

But what happens when they don't? What happens when you actually reach a goal and now must trust that you actually can "have what it takes" to do this thing that once seemed so unattainable? I mean, it's not like what I do is THAT big or impossible...especially with the support and encouragement constantly surrounding me, leading worship at the Stirring is an honor that I have found consistent grace and freedom in. I still place pressure on myself though... probably because I DO believe that I'm stepping into something bigger than me...

At staff meeting though, I realized that that is precisely why I shouldn't be afraid--why I should keep pressing in. Because with all my shortcomings, with all my inadequacies, with all my past failures and incompetencies in certain areas (which seem way-too-often to get more of my attention than my competencies and successes), GOD is still bigger than me. THIS is still bigger than me. Which is very very good. If I fail, not only am I His, but this is also His. He asks me to participate, but in the end... it is still His. I'm not big enough to mess that up. Oh my foolish pride that thinks I could sometimes...

So with these thoughts comes the courage to step into this God-dream that He planted in me so long ago... With these realizations of IDENTITY in HIM (Thank you, TJ Macke!!!!), I think I just may be able to real-ize this God-dream...

I think I just may be able to be brave and risk some more and maybe fail and maybe find that there is still grace and maybe--just maybe--step out in courage and let Him "complete the good work He has begun" in me.

That's all I have to do really... let Him complete something He's started.

Because when God dreams, He does it so that He can complete those dreams.
He wants us to have the courage to dream, but He also wants us to remain in the trust it takes realize them.


So, I'm just gettin' ready for WHEN GOD DREAMS next Thursday...
....and just steppin' into one of mine that is to be realized now.



Peace ya'll. It's gonna be a good summer.

2 comments:

Danae said...

COME ON!!! SUCH a good word!!! I'm so so so proud of you!! It IS going to be an AWESOME summer! :) I love you girl!! I miss you.

Aubrey Raper said...

WOOOOO!!! I am kind of EXTREMELY stoked. :)
See you in 5 days!!!!

ps: "pappinge" :P