Monday, May 4, 2009 | By: Jenna

Unfinished


.....God is romancing me right now. I'm sure of it. I don't know that I've ever said that before or ever thought I would, but today He came into the gym through my iPod headphones, held out His hand and asked if I'd care to leave mid-workout to come write a song with Him instead.

For a second (but only for a split-second) I thought, "God, how can you ask me to leave something unfinished?"
But quickly He reminded me about the disciples' fishing nets, and I knew I had no excuse not to drop mine...

So I am in the gym parking lot with my car running, writing this down as if I'm some place where there aren't twenty people spying from treadmills and elipticals through gym windows and my car windshield... as if it can't wait until I get home... but i don't really care. God is romancing me, and this is just the beginning of the song we're going to write together today.


Actually, I have a feeling the song started yesterday, with the first line being, "I've left everything for You..."

But maybe I haven't really left everything for Him yet... maybe that's why He's romancing me right now...

...maybe it's not really my gym-workout that's been currently left unfinished.

4 comments:

Danae said...

COME ON!!! Jenna, I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! YAY!!! Blessings on your new song, I can't WAIT to hear it!! HAHAHA I'm so excited for you!! :D :D :D love you!

Annie said...

Very cool Jenna girl. I love your obedience to accept the invitation he offered, this is good stuff!

Aubrey Raper said...

JENNAAAAAA! i love your words...gahhh....i love Jesus and i love you and i love Jesus in you!!!

oh i love that you're so willing...i love that he's romancing you, palm up and you took that hand....

hmm. :) you just make me smile.

Andrew Ratiani said...

jenna, please, i beg you, make a CD. or just start recording stuff and make a music myspace page. or make nate make his brother start recording you. then make a music myspace page. or make patrick make a music page for you. cause your songs are amazing and i want to hear one now. so i havae to log onto facebook and listen to thirty seconds of orange sky from chapel recorded on cynthias phone. and i want more.