Tuesday, November 25, 2008 | By: Jenna

20+ Things I'm thankful for this month...

I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful for Oakhurst. I love driving home to Oakhurst--as soon as Mariposa turns into Awahnee, and Awahnee turns into Oakhurst... Then comes Deadwood... my mountain... I call it "my mountain" because that's what I drove up and down every day (to school and back, to work and back, to practice and back, to church and back... to Vons and back). As soon as Awahnee turns into Oakhurst... I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

I'm also thankful for Redding... for Simpson... I have learned things in Redding and at Simpson that I never thought I would even attempt to understand in my lifetime. People there have impacted me... and the sunsets have astounded me. God has moved in my life in the most mysterious of ways there... but He has also drawn me closer to Him than I ever knew He wanted me.

I'm grateful for good friends. I'm grateful for the Stirring... and life groups...

Maybe I'll make a little list for now (for Meghan) of other things I am currently appreciating ;).

1) sweatshirts (don't worry, these won't be in order of importance)
2) good soundtracks
3) blankets available over the back of couches
4) humor
5) guitars
6) popcorn
7) ...popcorn bowls
8) novels
9) autumn
10) sisters
11) and cousins
12) card games
13) "the electricity is out" nights
14) "sing-song" monopoly (with sisters) nights
15) kindred spirits
16) insight
17) hindsight
18) sight
19) my running shoes
20) coffee


Of course, there's so much more. But it's time for me to pop some popcorn. Did I mention that I'm thankful for popcorn?

1 comments:

Sarah said...

hmm yes glad you admitted the shallowness....
but its ok! I understand....;)

I loved reading them though....I think you needed a break from all the deep intense analyzing:)