Wednesday, November 26, 2008 | By: Jenna

More Thankfulness... "Bolt" with my niece.



Life just keeps getting better. I took my niece to see the movie Bolt tonight. She loved it... well, she loved the first 40 minutes of it anyway...

Her first movie theater movie... we're sitting in the same seat...she's in my lap, sipping on her "sippy." Then the lights go out and the movie starts. Immediately--"Doggy!!!" Yep, that's my genius niece, she knows what a doggy looks like. I grin proudly at the family behind me. They have a couple of toddlers too...but not a peep out of them. That's right, my niece knows what a doggy looks like... they don't.

She keeps talking to the screen. It's great. Other children are joining in now. The five of us over the age of seven are outnumbered... so we accept the fact that this will be one of those interactive-type movie experiences.

I'm biting the kernel part off of the popcorn like my sister told me to and giving Haillie the puffy white parts to eat. She bites my finger a couple of times... but then Bolt does something funny, and Haillie's sweet giggle keeps me from cursing her teeth under my breath. I love Haillie. If she knew she hurt me, it would be waterworks for the rest of the night. So I'm glad her giggles calm me down.

Forty minutes into the movie--sippy cup hits the ground, soft little cheek squishes against my sweatshirt. Yup, she's out. Not even Bolt's super-bark can wake her now...

So me, the mom and dad behind me, the two fifty-year-old ladies in the back row, and the 300 (wide-awake) toddlers finish the movie while Haillie naps. It makes sense... she skipped her nap earlier today.

Like auntie, like niece...
movies are great nap times...


2 comments:

hannahrae said...

i think she is the most beautiful niece i have ever seen.

if she was my niece...i'd be thankful too.

Sarah said...

yes..she's cute..there I said it..haha

don't know I know movie=nap time for you..my couch can attest to that anyway...