Thursday, November 20, 2008 | By: Jenna

Kate's voice

probably looks like this:
On days like today, when it's so gloomy and just wet enough to not wear your good shoes outside (if you have good shoes...), I get caught between wanting to stay in bed and reading (well, ok, watching movies) or being super productive and plugging away at papers that are due soon (way too soon).

Instead, I cleaned my room and wrote some emails. Which was good. My room needed cleaning. And I like writing emails. Mostly.

Here's something else I did: my laundry. That's right, people--clean clothes--I will be wearing clean clothes for the next week or so. Also good.

AND, finally, (now, this was all before 9am) I got to see my wonderful Katelin this morning and finish up a song we've been working on together, and it's AWESOME!! Kate Mentink has an incredible voice. If you've never had her sing to you on a rainy day to some jazzy chords while you're sipping on (the closest thing you could conjure up to) a latte, oh boy...you are missing out. I got the chills this morning.

Kate's gonna be my back up singer on my.... whatever the heck I end up having for her to be my back up singer on...

I'm thinking about buying a studio for the soul purpose of having Kate be my back up singer on something. Seriously.

And then we will switch spots, and I'll back her up. It's what friends do.




I bet Kate's voice looks something like that picture up there...

2 comments:

Meghan said...

i'm waiting...for thankfulness blog.

Jenna said...

i'm thankful for kate's voice!

...ok ok ;). it's coming.