Sunday, November 2, 2008 | By: Jenna

Finished...but never quite done.

Songs are never quite done. Even if they have been "finished." I re-write songs all the time. Which reminds me of something Travis-O told our worship team not too long ago--that we are like God's poems that He is finishing and still re-writing. We are redeemed, yes, by Christ's act on the cross; but we are constantly being refined by the work of the Holy Spirit in us. Just like Paul tells us: "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6). Well maybe I am not as faithful as He is--maybe I won't complete all the songs I start. And maybe I can't really compare my song to a human being constantly worked in and refined...

But, it made me think about how my own songs are finished...but never quite done.

I am glad God doesn't look at me and go, "Welp, that's it--Done!" It's nice to know that one of the places He still moves in today is even in me... It's incredible to think that He carries it on to completion... all the way until the day of Christ Jesus.

Most of that was to say...

...yeah, I finished my song on Friday night...but I'm still working on it ;). Who knows if it will ever be "complete."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

it made me cry..well despite the fact that everything make me cry..:)..but yeah it was beautiful, you're beautiful..

and I love that I have an excuse to see you tomorrow:)..sometimes you really do know what you're doing.haha

nathan said...

bring your guitar this weekend ... I'd love to hear some of your new songs ...