Friday, January 2, 2009 | By: Jenna

First Day, Last Day

It was January 1st today... well, yesterday (but I'm still awake from the "today" January 1st...get it?). It was the first day of the new year...but it was the last day of my "break"...

Tomorrow (today...uh...January 2nd) is Zion 24, which is gonna be awesome, because it's a 24-hour worship event from 6pm Fri(to-)day to 6pm Saturday. I've got the guys from my Simpson worship team coming down--Matt Lopez, James Spencer, Bryan Henderson, John Ewing--and we're kicking off the event with a sweet set. I'm excited.
So this is good... but it definitely marks the end of my break, per say. Only because this was the last day I really had to do......nothing.

The Zion "something" is a great something though--and it is a great "something" to begin my new year with.


A bitter-sweet moment for me. A first and last day. Which constitutes an all-night Gilmore Girls marathon...I'm milking this in-between night for all it's worth. Before the in-bed-by-10pm routine begins again...before the classes start and the homework takes over my life once more. Before the ever-present cloud of miscellaneous stresses that can only be labeled, "I know there's somewhere I have to be/something I need to be doing" returns to hover above my last undergrad semester...


But, to be honest...

...I miss Redding. And it might sound crazy, but I miss school too. Mostly, I miss the Stirring... EVERYONE. You guys... I miss you.

See you in two days!!



Ah...yeah....the last day... but also the first... (or second.... whichever...)


1 comments:

katie said...

jenna barney can stay up past 10? i'm proud of you! gilmore girls is definitely worth staying up for!
have fun at this worship thing...it sounds awesome and i'm so excited for you!