Friday, December 19, 2008 | By: Jenna

Baby Jesus in her pocket...




My niece--Haillie. She's nuts, it's wonderful. When I got home two days ago, my mom told me that Haillie has a little "action-figure" nativity set, which, I'll admit, I'm not sure what I think of that...

Regardless though, Haillie loves it... and her favorite figure? That's right--Baby Jesus. She keeps him in her pocket. Joy says she pulls him out and just looks at him... adores him... shows him to my mom and my sister... smiles--a BIG smile... puts him back in her pocket... plays with the rest of the set for about two seconds and walks away with Jesus still in her pocket.

I love that she adores him so much. She probably doesn't know it's a baby "Jesus", but Joy asks her, "Is that Baby Jesus?" ...Haillie nods adamantly. No idea what Joy's saying, but she nods. She accepts that it is. She believes her mommy.

Joy and I were talking about how "Jesus in my pocket" might be a bit of a dangerous and stupid habit for anyone else to be picking up... but Haillie is almost 2... and she loves this little baby that is the center of attention in her action figure nativity set. In fact, it is the center of her attention. We could learn something from this little blond, 2ft, 2yr-old, too beautiful for her own good, Baby Jesus lover.

We can't find "Baby Jesus" right now... He's gone missing. Haillie is devastated.
He's probably in a washing machine somewhere... in her pocket...

Incredible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl... we'll see what ends up in her pocket come Easter.

Sarah said...

precious...she really is absolutely adorable..:)

KalynRebecca said...

At my friend's baby shower, someone got a teddy bear for the baby that is dressed in the Armour of God...shield of faith, helmet of salvation, the whole thing. The action figure nativity set just made me think of that...