Sunday, December 14, 2008 | By: Jenna

Jeremy and Megh's

One of the best places I've ever arrived at. I walked in yesterday afternoon, clothes in hand, to Enya's voice floating over the sage-green rug and acorn-brown couch. Heated air with crisp bay leaf, red cinnamon, and warm winter woods aromas mixed in carried the peaceful "O Come O Come Emmanuel" lyrics to my ears. I dangled the hide-a-key(set) from the empty hook by the door, next to the dog leash. Marley thought I was reaching for it, but then I think he realized there was no tearing me away from this incredible environment. Instead, I came in further... "Turn right at the bathroom" Meghan had said--sweet. Got it. So I put my clothes in the vintage wooden dresser and thought about how blessed I was to be so welcomed here...

Enya called me back into the living room--went with my book and fuzzy red Christmas socks. Then Sarah McLachlan, then Imogen Heap, then...a bunch of other great Christmas song re-arrangers...all kept the warm air filled as I read. My short attention span had me glancing around at the tasteful Christmas decorations Jeremy and Meghan put up that morning. I never knew I would enjoy the simplicity of a little Christmas tree with a little strand of lights and little, little bulb ornaments to such a large amount of contentment. I'd definitely be watching a Christmas movie soon...I could just feel it.

But first I brought my Bible out and read Luke's account of the Christmas story--the best account according to...well, me. And it was all-so good...I felt all-so indebted to, and all-so in love with, this baby the shepherds worshiped and the angels praised. Mary always has my attention in this story too. She's awesome. She was the first to give to this child...but He would soon give her more than humanly possible. I suppose no one else will know what it's like to give life to a child who gives life back--the Child who, Himself, gives life.

I read this story at Jeremy and Megh's, and it felt like a movie--a slow movie I guess--but sometimes I enjoy the absence of action. It felt like...I was loved. Not all movies have much love in them. But if we made "Staying at Jeremy and Megh's" into a movie (ooh--a Christmas movie!), there would be MUCH love in it.

And there would be potato delight and coffee. Two things that also include love.
...Meghan makes great servings of both.

3 comments:

hannahrae said...

That sounds like a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!
I want to stay at Meg and Jeremy's!

Maybe next Christmas...

Meghan said...

you make my house sound like a fairy tale! don't be jealous of my house, o readers of jenna's blog, it is only like that one day out of the year and jenna was there for it! haha! it was awesome having you-you can stay here anytime! thank you for the friendship bracelet! i'm wearing it right now! have a merry christmas with your family!!!

Jenna said...

o readers of my blog...yeah, listen to meghan, but DO be jealous of me--cause i got to stay there!!! booyah!