Tuesday, December 2, 2008 | By: Jenna

My magical flippy calendar

My flippy calendar... is magic I think. Or, it is ordained by the Lord.

Today... is December 2nd. So in my flippy calendar, I turned to "December 2" (Go to college. It pays off).

Something you should know about today is that I had coffee with Sarah, and I told her about how I think God is teaching me to receive HIM however He comes to me. He's been trumping my common sense and showing me (or trying to show me) things about Himself that are more real than what I've been recognizing. He is teaching me about foolishness and wisdom...about MY foolishness and HIS wisdom.

So today... what my flippy calendar says has to do with the ways that He comes...the forms that He's taken.
And instead of trying to make sure everything makes sense to me, He is teaching me to just receive...

"Advent is also meant...to refresh us and make us healthy, to be able to receive Christ in whatever form He may come to us."
-Mother Teresa

Advent...the hope, the peace, the joy, the love...the anticipation of His coming.

December 2nd. A gingerbread latte and a comfy chair. Mother Teresa's thoughts on Advent. Hope, peace, joy, love. Anticipation. Come Jesus... however YOU know we need, whatever form You choose.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh little ordained flippy calendar, how I love you..

ask Him Jenna..he'll show you.

I love you.

Thanks for coffee today...

Anonymous said...

It has been really good reading and hearing peoples thoughts. There truly is a stirring that is happening within Gods people.
It sounds like you had a good day. coffee, fellowship, and Mother Teresa.
Keep on pluggin.
Your Bro